This page features all of the information that you need to know in order to install Mavericks Mini. It's incredibly easy to get the theme on your device, just follow the steps below.
Before you download Mavericks Mini from this website, you will need to prepare your phone for the theme. This includes the following:
- Jailbreak your iPhone. If your phone isn't currently jailbroken, you can find information about how to jailbreak it at http://evasi0n.com/.
- Install DreamBoard. This theme requires DreamBoard to run, so you must install it before running the theme. Unfortunately the official version of DreamBoard v1.0 hosted on the ModMyi repo on Cydia has not been updated to work with iOS 7 and 8. However, you can install a beta copy of DreamBoard v2.0 that is compatible with iOS 7 and 8. Simply add the source http://wynd07.appspot.com/r7/ and you will be able to install the the beta without issue.
- Install iFile. You will need iFile installed so you can download and install Mavericks Mini directly on your phone. Install iFile from the BigBoss repo. ***Note that it appears to be a paid package, but you are able to install it for a free trial***
After you are jailbroken and have both DreamBoard and iFile installed, you can now purchase and install Mavericks Mini. Follow these steps:
- Open Safari. The following steps are to be done on your iPhone so you can download and install it directly from your device. Start by going to http://www.mavericks-mini.com in mobile safari. ***You must use Safari instead of Chrome or any other browser to ensure the download goes through***
- Download Tab. Go to the Download tab of the website and you will see two versions of the theme that you can download. One is for the longer screen of the iPhone 5 and 5s, and the other is for the shorter screen of the iPhone 4s. Select "Download" for the version that fits your device's screen size and you will be taken to a secure download link. (Unfortunately Mavericks Mini is not compatible with the new longer screens introduced with the iPhone 6 and 6+. An update to make the theme compatible with the newer phones is not scheduled to take place anytime soon.)
- Download. Download the theme and wait for the file to finish downloading. It won't look like anything has happened when you initiate the download, but it is in-fact downloading. The theme is 50 mb so downloading may take a while depending on your internet speed. Just be patient and try again if you don't finish downloading after a minute.
- Open in iFile. After the download has completed, you will be presented with an option to open it in iFile. (If this is not presented to you as an option, you either don't have iFile installed or the download cut out. Make sure you have iFile installed and try downloading again.) Tap on the "Open in 'iFile'" button and iFile will open and present a list of options. Tap on the "Installer" button and wait for the theme to install. It should take a few seconds and present you with the line "Finished with Result Code: 0". This Result Code means the theme was installed correctly and is ready for use. If you are presented with any Result Code other than 0, reinstall the beta version of DreamBoard and try installing the theme through iFile again.
Launch the Theme
Congratulations, Mavericks Mini is now installed correctly! From here, all you need to do is launch the theme and you'll be completely set up.
- Launch DreamBoard. Close out of iFile and launch DreamBoard.
- Select Mavericks Mini. Select the Mavericks Mini tile from the available themes. This will launch the theme.
- Follow the on-screen installer. Once the theme is launched, you will be greeted with a few startup screens that will let you customize the Tag names, user name, and dock settings. Continue through the screens and tap on "Start using your mac".
- Start using your mac. You are now set up. All that is left to do is add apps to the different folders, stack, desktop, dock, and launchpad. Tap on the trash can to enter editing mode and you will be able to add your apps.
- Done. After you finish adding your apps to the folders, you are done setting up Mavericks Mini. Congratulations, you now have the world's most advanced operating system in the palm of your hand.
- Lockscreen. The lockscreen themes are hosted separately from the main theme so people who don't want them aren't forced to install them. You can find the lockscreen themes on Cydia by searching for it by name "Mavericks Mini Lockscreens".
- No Status. If you want the status bar to be hidden, install "No Status rom the ModMyi repo on Cydia. Is is recommended that you set the Activation Method to "At Home Screen" > "Slide Out Gesture" > "Off Screen Top". This will cause the status bar to hide/show whenever you slide up on the status bar within the theme. However you can set the activation method to whatever you desire.